CHAPTER – II
CUB / BULBUL SECTION
Requirement (Period – Three months)
1. Be told the first Jungle story. (for Cubs) Be told the story of Tara (for Bulbuls)
2. Understand the meaning of Cub/Bulbul Law, Promise, Motto, Prayer and Bulbuls six-songs.
3. Demonstrate correctly smiling, cub/bulbul salute and left handshake.
4. Do a daily Good-turn at home.
5. Grand Howl (for Cubs), Grand Salute (for Bulbul)
6. Whistle and Hand Signals.
Note:- After qualifying Praveshika the Cubmaster/Flokleader will arrange the investiture ceremony for Girls and Boys to become a Cub/Bulbul.
Requirement (Period – 6 months.)
1. Know how to keep personal belongings (clothes, shoes, uniform etc) neat and tidy and be able to sew buttons on garments.
2. Learn to pray before meals.
3. Do daily Good-turn at home and at school.
4. Do Vajrasan, two B.P. Exercises -Toe touching and Knee bending and meditation.
5. Be able to tell time by clock.
6. Demonstrate any two of the following :-
a. Somersault b. Leaf Prog. c. Hopping
d. Skipping e. Throwing and catching the ball.
7. Make a useful thing or make a collection of 10 different leaves 5 flowers and tell the name of each.
8. Demonstrate any three of the following :-
a. Ride a bicycle safely
b. Keep the place neat & clean
c. Use a telephone
d. Have knowledge of the prominent person in your neibourhood.
e. Know the home address of your Cub-master/Flock-leader, members of your six (Toli).
f. Write address and affix stamps on an envelop for posting.
9. Be able to sing any prayer.
10.Be able to sing flag song and National Anthem:-
Note:- After qualify the Rajat Kiran Test award the Badge/Certificate.
c) Swarn Kiran
- Prepare a handicraft out of waste material.
- Know the health rules, shashankasan, Tadasan and Padmasan /Another Two B.P. exercise and Meditation
- Tie a Reef Knot and clove hitch knot and show their uses.
- First aid of a simple wound.
- Be told the 4th & 5th jungle stories/Bal Shaheed Story (for cubs) b. Two stories from Bulbul Stories/ Bal Shaheed Story (for Bulbuls),
- Do good turns under the guidance of your Cub master/flock leader along with your six (Toli).
- Know the eight principal points of compass.
- Knowledge of flags – National flags, Scout – Guide flag, World Scout – Guide flag(WFIS).
- Play games – Balance games, 3 sense games and 3 jungle games for Cubs / Bulbuls.
- Demonstrate any three of the following :-
- Trimming, Light and put off a hurricane lentern or change the electric bulb,
- Run for five minute on foot/on cycle for three minutes and deliver the twelve words verbal message correctly,
- Sow seeds and grow a plant. Take care it for three months.
- Draw or paint a picture of any subject of your choice or Be able to preserve things.
- Make your own bed daily for atleast a month,
- Follow a trail not less than one kilometer/participate in a half day hike.
11. Participate in one day/over night camp with pack/flock.
12. Know about the care to be taken of little, sharp and valuable thing in the house.
Note:- After qualify the Swarn Kiran Test award the Badge/Certificate.
- Handicraft-make a useful thing.
- Open a small savings Account in post office or bank or Sanchaika.
- Grow two plants and care them atleast for six months.
- Earn one proficiency badge from each group. I
- First-Aider/Guider/House orderly/world conservation Badge.
- Collector/ Gardener/ Observer.
- Athlete/Cyclist/Team player/ Swimmer.
- Artist/Cook/Home craft/Toymaker/Entertainer/Needle worker
5. Participate in pack/flock expedition.
6. Participate in a pack/flock good-turn activity by adopting a public/religious/historical place.
7. Participate in over night camp during this Test.
8. Be able to use the sheet Bend, Fisherman knot and one round and two half hitches.
9. Have the knowledge of your colony/village/town & State.
10.Know to welcome and receive a guest in a Social way.
Note :- After qualifying the test of Heerak Kiran, Cub/Bulbul may select for Rajya Puraskar Camp. So the Unit Leader should send the qualified Cub/Bulbul name list to Distt./State Headquarters Through proper channel.
- Participation in one day Hike.
- Participation in one weekend Camp.
- Collection of leaves of five plants/herbs which are useful in medicine and paste them in log-book.
- Participation in any one National Day function.
- Participation in any Distt./State/National Camp or Rally.
- Earn any 4 Proficiency Badges:-
- Home craft
- Drawing a picture on the Environment or Natural scenery.
- Participate in a Service Camp.
- Revision of Yoga/Meditation/exercise up to Heerak Kiran.
Note:- All participants will submit their note/log books to Rajya Puraskar.
PRAVESHIKA:Requirements (Period – 3 months)
- Knowledge of Scouting/Guiding of Hindustan Scouts & Guides Association
- Hindustan Scouts & Guides Prayer and flag Song.
- Knowledge of Scout/Guide Law & Promise.
- Scout/Guide Motto, Sign, Salute, Left hand shake and Emblem.
- Scout/Guide Uniform and how to wear it.
- Know the whistle and hand signals.
- Know the significance of Hindustan Scouts & Guides and National Flag.
- Learn and sing the National Anthem, Vande Matram and Sare Jahan se Achchhaâ€¦..
- Do a good turn for 30 days and keep the record.
- Exercise and Yoga
- Learn proper way of breathing and exercise for breathing, eyes, neck, hands and shoulders
- Perform any 4 Aasans- Vajrasan, Padmasan, Tadasan, Shavasan.
- Laughing, Smiling and Silence for one hour weekly.
- Life of two great men of India.
NOTE:- After completion of Praveshika the Unit Leader(Scout Master/Guide Captain) will arrange the investiture for boys/girls to become a Scout/Guide.
- Work for a happy family by accepting family job that helps to relieve hard working members of your family.
- Develop in consultation with the Rover scout Leader/Ranger leader a taste for hobbies/vocational activities and show that you are progressing in time.
- Participate in group discussions of your Crea/Team adn chair at least two.
- Take active part in Hobbies/Handicraft centre organised by the Crew/Team.
- Prepare a paper/Talk on pollution education/ family life education and submit it to the Crew/Team council.
- Attend atleast three prayer meetings of your Crew/ Team, or Participate in a service camp for one day.
- Render sustained service in a pack/Flock or a troop/company or a camp site for a period of three months.
- Have knowledge in pioneering, camping and first Aid upto Tritiya pad Level in Scout/Guide section.
- Organise games for children in your mohalla/ Village/ Colony for about a month or Conduct competition for children preferably of your locality on a conservation subject.
- Qualify for any one of the proficiency Badges. 1. Literacy 2. Sanitation promoter 3. Blood Donor. 4. Population Education 5. World friendship
a) On completion of the test to the satisfaction of the independent examiner appointed by Z.A./ D.A/R.A. as the case may be with approval of the Distt. Trg. Commissioner. ‘KUSHAL Badge’ to issued on the basis of certificates issued by the examiners.
b) KUSHAL badge is a pair of green shoulder flashes of cotton/wool with letter R in Red at bottom and a yellow bar under the letter.
c) The badge shall be worn on shoulder straps (epaulets).
[Ill] DAKSHBADGE Requirements :-
\. Show of rights and duties of a citizen and discuss in your crew/Team council the problems involved in them.
2. Show further progress in your hobbies and handicrafts/vocational skills or Study the books on Transactional Analysis or Participate in a group discussion on Transactional Analysis and correct yourself and your behavior with others and satisfy yourself and your unit leader.
3. Prepare a paper or give talk on religious tolerance or participate in any religious function other than of your own and report to the Rover/Ranger Leader or Crew./Team council.
4. Adopt a building/structure/place/institution of public importance and look to its upkeep for a month or observe brewing place of mosquitoes and flies and take possible steps for removal. (Rovers).Plan and work for a project atleast for a month in consultation with your Ranger leader to help children/aged/disabled/sick person (for Rangers)
5. Participate in your Crew/Team compaign to educate people in protecting public properties.
6. Take up any cultural subject as approved by the crew council and report.
7. Help establish a literacy centre and work for a month. or help 6 people to start saving bank accounts or work as tutor atleast 5 boys/girls during their examinations.
8. Help in one of the following:-
a. Blood Donation campaign
b. Eye Donation campaign
c. AIDS awareness campaign
d. Population Education campaign
e. Immunization camps
f. Free Eye operation camps.
9. Work as an Assistant in a pack/scout camp or Rally, (for Rovers) work as an assistant in a flock/Guide camp or a Zonal/Distt. Regional Rally.
10. Qualify for Rambler’s Badge or Ecologist Badge, (for Rovers)Qualify for Rural worker/community worker/Ecologist badge for Rangers.
a. On completion of the test to the satisfaction of independent examiners appointed by the zonal/ distt./regional Association, as the case may be, on approval of Distt. Trg. Commissioner, Daksh Badge is issued by the Z.A./Distt. A/R.A. on the basis of the certificates issued by the examiners.
b. ‘DAKSH1 Badge is a pair of shoulder flashes in green of cotton or wool with letter ‘R’ in red at the bottom and two’ yellow bars under the letter.
c. The badge is worn in place of’ KUSHAL’ BADGE.
IV. PRESIDENT ROVER/RANGER AWARD (Period 1 Year) Requirements :-
1. Have completed the age of
2. Select on subject connected
with world affiars, National affaris, cultural subjects Scout/ Guide craft & hobbies or handicrafts* or sports.World organisation working for the betterment of the humanity/Youth Organisations in the world/different foundation/World Bank/World Service Organisation, or National Affairs like our Government/National Development plans and scheme/National Educational Pattern/Service Organisation/cooperatives. Submit the report within the 6 months to crew council/Team council.
3. Discuss with your Rover/Ranger Leader how best you can help your country/community and prepare priorities.
4. Participate in a cross country over night Adventure hike.
5. Promote a community Development project on Health or Food Production or Nutrition or Environmental sanitation Programme in your locality or any other locality and show the success to the council (of Rovers/Rangers)
6. Lead a small contingent of Rovers/Ranger of your Crew/Team to participate in a Scout/Guide activity preferably in neighboring State or district.
7. Render service atleast for a week for a State/ National Events.
8. Organise a community signing programme for the children in the locality. Develop Pen friendship with Rovers/Ranger of other states and prove that friendship is mutually useful.
9. Organise sustained ‘Traffic Control’ or ‘Letter Chase’ or’ Conservation campaign in your locality for three months’ or promote and participate in a joint project undertaken with any of the organisation such as :-a. Lion Club b. Rotary Club c. Indian Red cross d. St. Jhon Ambulance Association e. Youth Hostels Association f. Jaycees
or any such organisation with permission of the crew/team council.
10.Qualify for any one of the proficiency badge from
each group :-Group A. 1. Blood Donor
2. Soil Conservation
3. Civil Defense
4. World Conservation
5. Community worker Group B. 1. Climber
2. Home Nurse
4. Public Healthman
1. Family life Education
3. Personality Development
4. Folk life
5. Population Education.
President Rover/Ranger Award the highest and unique distinction in the movement.
* As a Daksha Rover/Ranger, he/she will work atleast for one year to qualify for the President Rover/Ranger Award.
* A Rover/Ranger is not eligible to qualify for President Rover/Ranger Award on completion of 25 years of age.
* Rover Scout Leader/Ranger leader shall inform the N.H.Q. through proper channel on a registration form available at the State Head Quarters that Daksh Rover/Ranger is preparing for this badge.
* On completion of the tests to the satisfaction of independent examiners appointed by Z.A./D.A./ R.A., on approval of D.T.C. Daksh Rover/Rnager will send the prescribed Performa.
* The National Commissioner shall approve this Award on the basis of certificates of the examiners and on the recommendation of the Crew/Team Council, the concerned D.C. and the State Chief Commissioners.
The President Rover/Ranger Award Badge is worn on the left arm.
Rover-Ranger Proficiency Badges
1. Blood Donor
2. Civil Defense
3. Self Defense
4. Community Worker
6. Folk Life
7. Education for All
8. Population Education
10. Soil Conservation
11. World Conservation
12. World Friendship
13. Personality Development
16. Sanitation Promoter
18. Family Life Education
19. Healthy man
20. Home Nurse
21. Public Health man
22. Ambulance Man
23. Ambulance (Ranger)
24. Crafts Man/Woman
i. Rover/Ranger is eligible to qualify for Rover/Rnager Proficiency badges.
ii. All these Proficiency badges shall be worn on the right arm in parallel rows.
iii. All Proficiency Badges of the Rover Section shall be in red on grey background.All proficiency Badges of the Ranger Section shall be in red on white background.
iv. On completion of the tests to the satisfaction of independent examiniers appointed by Z.A./D.A./ R.A. with approval of the D.T.C. concerned. These P.Badges shall be issued on the basis of the certificates issued by the examiners.
RO VER-IN-SER VICE/RANGER-IN-SER VICE
1. On the completion of 21 years of age, Rover should take up responsibility of Adult Leadership in the movement. Taking the responsibility in Ranger Section the age will 25 years.
2. During the Rover/ranger state the Rover/ Ranger will participate in various service projects taken up by the the Crew; However on completion of Rover/Ranger stage he/she will embark upon definite jobs of service to the community either within or outside the movement.
3. The service project under taken by the Rover/ Ranger individually or in groups will be of sustained nature and a record of it will be maintained by the Crew/Team.
4. Hikes, Trecks and camps rules for Rover/ Rnager will be same as Scout/Guide section.